In an industry surrounded by potential hazards, General Contractors must put an extra emphasis on the importance of building and maintaining a strong comprehensive safety program that is at the forefront of every worker and visitor who steps foot on any site.
Our comprehensive program was created in collaboration with OSHA and the Nevada Contractors Association because we understand the benefits that come from proper training. In addition to having highly-trained safety management personnel, we employ the services of a third-party safety consultant to conduct inspections and provide feedback to any potential hazards. To date, we’re proud our team has accumulated more than 20 Safe Site Awards and was recognized as the 2016-AGC Safest Contractor of the Year.
DC Building Group’s established Safety Program identifies key measures for all aspects of construction, including:
- Inspections – Weekly inspections are conducted by a project safety officer.
- Tool Box Safety Meetings – Each week all job site personnel completes a safety discussion on project specifics and relevant topics.
- Training – Through our active involvement in the NVCA/AGC, our staff and subcontractors have access and participate in several hours of fall protection, hazard communication, emergency response and other various training programs offered.
- Drug Policy – DCBG employs a zero tolerance Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- JHAs (Job Hazard Analyses) – For each warranted activity, a Job Hazard Analysis will be conducted by DC Building Group’s Superintendent with observation provided by the Director of Field Operations and an NVCA/AGC Safety Officer.
“Since 2008, DC Building Group has been awarded 21 Safe Site Awards. This award recognizes construction companies of all sizes that excel at safety and health performance, while also exhibiting a concern for its clients and the community, and a commitment to safety.” – Nevada Contractors Association